I am interested in extending elasticsearch to Csasandra and Couchdb

I am interested in extending elasticsearch to Csasandra and Couchdb

steve-8
I am responding to a comment made by shay.banon at this blog:
http://www.elasticsearch.com/blog/2010/02/25/nosql_yessearch.html,
where he said:

"If someone is interested (I sure as hell am) at getting the same
integration into other NoSQL solutions, such as Cassandra, HBase,
riak, mongodb, and Project Voldemort, drop a line at elasticsearch and
lets go for it."

I am leading a project for the Air Force where we are creating a
system which allows users to aggregate and tag data any way they want
and search on either the aggregation meta data, the tags, or the data
itself.   We are using Cassandra to store the meta data and the tags
and Couchdb to store the data.

I would be interested in extending elasticsearch to Cassandra and
Couchdb.

Re: I am interested in extending elasticsearch to Csasandra and Couchdb

Cool. The idea that I had was to create indexers for cassandra and couchdb that will automatically index data inserted into couchdb / cassandra.

There are two ways to build such an integration. The first, is to create hooks into cassandra / couchdb, and "on change", apply that change to elasticsearch. I think that would make sense for you to work on.

Another option, which make sense for couchdb, is to have an ongoing indexer running on a different process that periodically polls it for changes, and applies them. I plan to add support for something like that (custom indexers) to run within elasticsearch (so you get HA and so on).

shay.banon