I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

Dibyendu Bhattacharya
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

Ivan Brusic
Sounds interesting. Can you share the slides afterwards?

Cheers,

Ivan

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Dibyendu Bhattacharya <[hidden email]> wrote:
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

Dibyendu Bhattacharya
Sure , I will share after the conference.

Dibyendu

On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:57:53 PM UTC-6, Dibyendu Bhattacharya wrote:
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

this is great! would love to see if we can generalize it (if its not already...) and integrate it to elasticsearch-Hadoop project!

if it is possible, lets start a dicussion on an issue on elasticsearch-Hadoop project.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Dibyendu Bhattacharya <[hidden email]> wrote:

For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

Dibyendu Bhattacharya
Hi

Thanks for showing interest in this idea. It is not yet generalized. But I have a plan to generalize it. We can definitely start discussion on elasticsearch-hadoop issues.

I will share my presentation after the HBase Conf so that you will have better idea about this HBase ElasticSearch integration point.

Regards,
Dibyendu

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Dibyendu Bhattacharya <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="yzn4fdNl_hYJ">dibyendu.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

Otis Gospodnetic
I've always wanted to implement this. :)

Dibyendu, please consider making an abstraction for the indexer piece, so people can plug other indexing engines, such as Solr(Cloud) in there.  Oh, I guess this assumes you will open-source this, but I'm not sure if you are planning on doing that or not?

Otis
--
ELASTICSEARCH Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm/index.html

On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:57:53 PM UTC-4, Dibyendu Bhattacharya wrote:
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

dancer
where is the ppt? thanks

在 2013年6月6日星期四UTC+8上午3时57分53秒,Dibyendu Bhattacharya写道:

HBase Conf 2013 - Dibyendu B.pptx (812K) Download Attachment

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

dancer
thanks
在 2013年6月14日星期五UTC+8上午11时22分51秒,Dibyendu Bhattacharya写道:
Here is the ppt . HBase Conf will upload the video soon in their website.

Dibyendu

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:02:33 PM UTC-7, dancer wrote:
where is the ppt? thanks

在 2013年6月6日星期四UTC+8上午3时57分53秒,Dibyendu Bhattacharya写道:
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

dancer
THANKS for your share, but i have a question.
how does it deal with the write failure when writed to hbase success but failed in ES?
thanks.
在 2013年6月14日星期五UTC+8上午11时22分51秒,Dibyendu Bhattacharya写道:
Here is the ppt . HBase Conf will upload the video soon in their website.

Dibyendu

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:02:33 PM UTC-7, dancer wrote:
where is the ppt? thanks

在 2013年6月6日星期四UTC+8上午3时57分53秒,Dibyendu Bhattacharya写道:
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

william zhu
I have the same question as dancer.
How could I  deal with failures in inserting data to ES or HBase. Retry or RollBack?
As we all know, RollBack in HBase or ES dose not easily especially that will happen in concurrent environment.

在 2013年6月14日星期五UTC+8上午11时22分51秒,Dibyendu Bhattacharya写道:
Here is the ppt . HBase Conf will upload the video soon in their website.

Dibyendu

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:02:33 PM UTC-7, dancer wrote:
where is the ppt? thanks

在 2013年6月6日星期四UTC+8上午3时57分53秒,Dibyendu Bhattacharya写道:
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

伍照坤
hi, Dibyendu

Nice to know your practice.

We hope to build secondaryindex and search on HBase with ElasticSearch, and we are working on this.

Could you share your experience when ES cluster getting big? the problems / bugs you encountered? is ES stable and high-performance in large-scale data?

On Thursday, June 6, 2013 3:57:53 AM UTC+8, Dibyendu Bhattacharya wrote:
For more details, see below link :

Regards,
Dibyendu

Re: I am speaking @HBase Conference 2013 on "Using HBase Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster"

Otis Gospodnetic

Hello,

We do Elasticsearch consulting all the time (see sig) and some of of clients have multi-billion document indices with high index and/or query rates.

It's stable and works well most of the time. Like anything else, it has its quirks and requires some learning. We've seen our ES customers having issues with split brain and there are a couple of oldish issues open where others are reporting seeing the same.  I imagine/hope ES is working on fixing this.

Otis
--
Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm/index.html
Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/