I dont get results for plurals if I use Snowball

I dont get results for plurals if I use Snowball

Vishal Sharma-2
Hi,

I want to configure elastic for plurals so that searching for "blog" and "blogs" return same results.

I found on internet that the way to go is to use Snowball analyzer. When I use Snowball I get same results for both "blog" and "blogs". But, the results which used to come for "blogs" without the snowball analyzer in query do not come at all now.

Can someone please help?

http://myserver:9200/_search?analyzer=snowball&q=blogs&pretty

Vishal Sharma
Team Leader, SFDC
T: +1 30­4 636 7373
E[hidden email]
www.grazitti.com

Session at Developer
Track on 3rd June
Button

---

Re: I dont get results for plurals if I use Snowball

Vishal Sharma-2
I see its an issue with match: _all query.

Cant we get analyzer work with _all query?

Any help is appreciated.

Vishal Sharma
Team Leader, SFDC
T: +1 30­4 636 7373
E[hidden email]
www.grazitti.com

Session at Developer
Track on 3rd June
Button

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Vishal Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I want to configure elastic for plurals so that searching for "blog" and "blogs" return same results.

I found on internet that the way to go is to use Snowball analyzer. When I use Snowball I get same results for both "blog" and "blogs". But, the results which used to come for "blogs" without the snowball analyzer in query do not come at all now.

Can someone please help?

http://myserver:9200/_search?analyzer=snowball&q=blogs&pretty

Vishal Sharma
Team Leader, SFDC
T: +1 30­4 636 7373
E[hidden email]
www.grazitti.com

Session at Developer
Track on 3rd June
Button

---

Re: I dont get results for plurals if I use Snowball

Jun Ohtani
You can see https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/root-object.html#all-field about _all field.

"It uses the default analyzer to analyze its values"

PS - We're moving to https://discuss.elastic.co/, please join us there for any future discussions!