I keep getting cluster health status of Yellow

I keep getting cluster health status of Yellow

Samuel Doyle
So today is the first day I started testing with the cluster health api and I am constantly getting yellow which based on the documentation indicates replicas have not been allocated.
My build is from master and I'm testing with one local instance running. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

My config is pretty basic:
----
cluster:
  name: Test

node:
  data: true

http:
  enabled: true

gateway:
  type: fs
  fs:
    location: /tmp/elasticsearch/data/cluster
   number_of_shards : 5
   number_of_replicas : 4
   analysis :
     analyzer :
       standard :
         type : standard

store:
  type: memory
  memory:
    cache_size: 100m
    buffer_size: 10k

Re: I keep getting cluster health status of Yellow

Andrew Harvey-2

Here's my understanding:

If you don't have enough machines to host all your replicas, then yes, your status will be yellow.

You'd need 5 running instances to be green.

Andrew

On 29/06/2010, at 11:04 AM, Samuel Doyle wrote:

[...]

Andrew Harvey / Developer
lexer

m/
t/  +61 2 9019 6379
w/   http://lexer.com.au

Help put an end to whaling. Visit www.givewhalesavoice.com.au

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or take any action in relation to it and please delete this e-mail. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the send specifically states them to be the views of any organisation or employer. If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachment but please notify the sender (above). This message has been checked for all known viruses powered by McAfee.

For further information visit http://www.mcafee.com/us/threat_center/default.asp
Please rely on your own virus check as no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any virus infection this communication may contain.