IO spike: how to know if cluster rebalanced

IO spike: how to know if cluster rebalanced

John Chang
We saw a ~45 minute  IO spike in our elastic search nodes today, and during that time, we had no spike in indexing or querying.  The only thing we can guess happened was a rebalance.  Is there any way we can confirm this theory for sure?  What else might cause this spike if our idexing/querying nodes were spiking?