If I have multiple doctypes for an index, how does it impact searching and indexing performance?

If I have multiple doctypes for an index, how does it impact searching and indexing performance?

Avinash Pandey
As of now, in my setup, I have one doctype for every index. I want to understand what will happen, lets say, if I push all the documents in one index, with different doctypes.

---

Re: If I have multiple doctypes for an index, how does it impact searching and indexing performance?

Nikolas Everett

From a lucene context doctypes are indexed together and filtered. So it is just like having one big index. If two doc types share the same field name then that fields IDF will be for both.

You should test it but it's often OK.