Increasing Size of Disk on Virtual Machine

Increasing Size of Disk on Virtual Machine

james.lewis
Hi guys,

A similar question was asked a few days ago about adding another disk to an ES node here.  My questions is very similar but I didn't want to hijack the thread.

Lets say I have 2 nodes both running in separate virtual machines and one of the nodes is looking like it's going to outgrow it's allocated disk storage capacity in the not too distant future.  In order to increase the disk space available to that node can I just take that node offline, increase the disk space allocated to that virtual machine and then spin it all back up again? Would the shards (or shard) on node then just keep indexing data making use of the extra space when they needed to?

Cheers,
James