Index of field lost during update the document

Index of field lost during update the document

Ankit Jain
Hi All,

We want to update an record into ES without enabling _source field.

For example:
Let as consider, an document contains four fields ( {col1 (store=true,index=true)}, {col2 (store=false, index=true)}, {col3 (store=true,index=true)}, {col4 (store=true, index=true)} ). while updation, we would like to update only value of col3 and keep store and index of rest of fields unchanged.

Issue: While updating the value of col3, the index of col2 got lost because the value of col2 is only indexed in ElasticSearch.

Regards,
Ankit Jain

Re: Index of field lost during update the document

Alexander Reelsen-2
Hey,

'The _source field need to be enabled for this feature to work.'

So you will have to use the source field.

--Alex

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Ankit Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

We want to update an record into ES without enabling _source field.

For example:
Let as consider, an document contains four fields ( {col1 (store=true,index=true)}, {col2 (store=false, index=true)}, {col3 (store=true,index=true)}, {col4 (store=true, index=true)} ). while updation, we would like to update only value of col3 and keep store and index of rest of fields unchanged.

Issue: While updating the value of col3, the index of col2 got lost because the value of col2 is only indexed in ElasticSearch.

Regards,
Ankit Jain

Re: Index of field lost during update the document

Ankit Jain
Thanks Alexander..

But, we are not storing the value of few fields and only indexing them into ES. So, is it possible to maintain the index of those fields during update call?

Regards,
Ankit Jain