Index recovered itself after I deleted the whole index

Index recovered itself after I deleted the whole index

xiaoliang tian
after I insert 10000000 msg to an index,I delete it( use restFul api to delete whole index 15915  ),But this index recovered and still include some msgs.I use head to check msg in this index

It shows:
15915
size: 2.3mb (4.4mb)
docs: 1263 (5043)

and query "15915/_count" also has this problem.
{"count":1263,"_shards":{"total":16,"successful":16,"failed":0}}

it always recover some msgs back.no matter how many times I delete it

I don't have a clue.

Plz help me

Re: Index recovered itself after I deleted the whole index

dadoonet
As suggested by Vineeth, how many nodes are running on your network?
Any chance that you have another node running on your computer?

--
David ;-)

Le 31 juil. 2013 à 08:15, Xiaoliang Tian <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

No,There is 7 nodes and I can monitor'em in both bigdesk and head
And If I instert same msgs to other index,It can be fully deleted

[...]

That's strange. Behind the scene, nodes are doing a 'rm -rf' like command so no data should survive.

Any chance you can reproduce the issue?

--
David ;-)

Le 31 juil. 2013 à 08:36, Xiaoliang Tian <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Another Thing is the msg count in "()" in this index is always changing when I fresh the page
15916
size: 3.7mb (6.8mb)
docs: 575 (4862)
15916
size: 7.4mb (12.4mb)
docs: 575 (12906)
15916
size: 10.6mb (16.1mb)
docs: 575 (15326)
15916
size: 14.3mb (23.4mb)
docs: 575 (23204)
15916
size: 9.5mb (15.8mb)
docs: 575 (9854)
15916
size: 13.8mb (23.2mb)
docs: 575 (15154)
15916
size: 10.5mb (17.7mb)
docs: 575 (7912)

What is this number

[...]

Every time,The only difference between normal index and this weird index is the name.
Normal index:String
weird index:number