Indexing a CouchDB view with ElasticSearch

Indexing a CouchDB view with ElasticSearch

Daniel Gonzalez
Using the CouchDB river, it is possible to index CouchDB databases. Is
it also possible to index a CouchDB view with Elastic Search?

I have been informed about the existence of this feature:

https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-river-couchdb/pull/2

Is this the way to go. Is this making it up to trunk?

RE: Indexing a CouchDB view with ElasticSearch

dadoonet
Hi Daniel,

Shay is waiting for a new commit for this pull request that will make view
management a bit more efficient.
But, for this commit, I'm waiting for the feature request to be implemented
: https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/1259

So, the pull request will not be in trunk soon.

BTW, you can clone this :
https://github.com/dadoonet/elasticsearch-river-couchdb/tree/dpi_views ,
build it, install it as a plugin and play with views.
Documentation to use it is here :
https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-river-couchdb/pull/2

I will be pleased to have a feedback on it.

Cheers
David.

Michael Sick
Shay,

Is there a list of what to expect in 0.19? I looked at the Github issues but didn't see how to get a list of items being worked. Thanks,
--Mike

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
David, I will work on this issue, will try and make it into 0.19.

On Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM, David Pilato wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Shay is waiting for a new commit for this pull request that will make view
management a bit more efficient.
But, for this commit, I'm waiting for the feature request to be implemented

So, the pull request will not be in trunk soon.

BTW, you can clone this :
build it, install it as a plugin and play with views.
Documentation to use it is here :

I will be pleased to have a feedback on it.

Cheers
David.

[[hidden email]] De la part de Daniel Gonzalez

Re: Indexing a CouchDB view with ElasticSearch

ian mayo
Hi there Shay,
I think there's great merit in this feature.

It's an effective way of reducing the volume of data travelling across
the wire. A CouchDb may contain a lot of data that isn't of value to
ES, but a custom view could expose just the searchable metadata -
reducing in better network and indexing efficiency.

The alternative solution of specifying a filter in the river appears
to only handle cases where the metadata fields are know in advance.

cheers,
Ian