Indexing on non-search nodes

Phil Hagelberg-2
We're looking at using ElasticSearch to index locally and then have
our indexing node send its indexes out to a cluster to be searched
there. Is there any way to pseudo-join a cluster so that indexes get
replicated (from our node to the cluster) off but no new shards get
added in the other way?

thanks,
Phil