Indexing whole collection? What?

Janusz Dalecki

Hi,

I have indexed my Asset collection using command like this:

# Create river for Asset collection

http://localhost:9200/_river/asset_river/_meta -d '{

 "type": "mongodb",

   "mongodb": {

     "db": "my_database",

     "collection": "Asset"

     "name": "asset_index",

     "type": "Asset"

   }

}'

I think that indexes all columns of every document in the whole collection. Does it make sense to index the whole collection – because if I understand well this will create as many indexes as columns in the entire collections and it might be pretty slow to retrieve the data?

Regards,

Janusz