Introduction and Concepts Missing

Idan Waisman
Hi All. I am new to ES and search in general. I have noticed that in the ES guide the Intro and Concepts section is conspicuously missing. Just wondering if this is a bug or if they actually haven't yet been authored.

For someone new to the concepts of search it's a bit difficult to jump right into the API. This isn't really a complaint (I certainly know how difficult generating good documentation can be and the stuff that is there in reference seems thorough), it's more a question as to if anyone knows of a basic tutorial that demonstrates some of the basic features.

Any pointers would be helpful, thanks!
Idan

Re: Introduction and Concepts Missing

Ivan Brusic
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Idan Waisman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All. I am new to ES and search in general. I have noticed that in the ES
> guide the Intro and Concepts section is conspicuously missing. Just
> wondering if this is a bug or if they actually haven't yet been authored.

Welcome Idan.

The best introduction to ES is not in the guide, but the home page of
the project: http://www.elasticsearch.org/. It is indeed somewhat
strange that that information is not explicitly in the guide, but on
the front page. The github page also has an identical introduction:
https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch

--
Ivan