Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

vineeth mohan
I am also quite curious on this.
Also when is 1.0.0 planned to be released.

Thanks
          Vineeth

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Roy Russo
+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone, presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:
Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Oliver B. Fischer
The current POM in master is 1.0.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT...

Am 31.07.13 21:03, schrieb Roy Russo:

> +1
>
> Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
> somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
> presently.
>

> On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     is new release planned soon?
>
>     Regards,
>     Lukas

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Ivan Brusic
Most of the issues on github have been tagged both 0.90.3 and 1.0.0.Beta1.

The beauty of distributed VCS like git is that you can work on a branch without syncing with a master repository. The bad part is that you don't see all those changes in a master repo. :) My guess is that most of the big changes, such as the new aggregation framework, is inside some private repo not yet merged into master.

--
Ivan

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, but that is because you can not have two versions in single POM. I am sure 0.90.3 will be released before 1.0.0._whatever.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Oliver B. Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
The current POM in master is 1.0.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT...

Am 31.07.13 21:03, schrieb Roy Russo:

+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

    Hi,

    is new release planned soon?

    Regards,
    Lukas

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Roy Russo
Ivan,

When you say "issues on github have been tagged both 0.90.3 and 1.0.0.Beta1", do you mean tagged-on-commit? ie. the community doesn't see the affected version until push

The github UI doesn't show any issues under the version labels. https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues?labels=&milestone=&page=1&state=open , unless I'm blind... or dumb... or both. ;-)

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Oliver B. Fischer <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="tldEG7KGFqMJ">mail...@...> wrote:
The current POM in master is 1.0.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT...

Am 31.07.13 21:03, schrieb Roy Russo:

+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

    Hi,

    is new release planned soon?

    Regards,
    Lukas

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

joergprante@gmail.com
Roy,

you can see that many of the 0.90.3 closed issues are labeled with both "v0.90.3" and "v1.0.0.Beta1" here.

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Roy Russo
Ok, but this implies the issues are being labeled as they're worked/committed? In other words, they aren't assigned to releases before someone picks it up to work on.

... Sorry if I'm persistent, but knowing the roadmap (ball-park) release dates and changes planned, helps me better plan elasticHQ... or foresee any possible breakage.

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:28:54 PM UTC-4, Jörg Prante wrote:
Roy,

you can see that many of the 0.90.3 closed issues are labeled with both "v0.90.3" and "v1.0.0.Beta1" here.

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

joergprante@gmail.com
If I understand correctly, the issues for 0.90.3 are all closed so there should be no more serious obstacle for a release, and this is why Lukáš asked.

To me it would also be fine if there was a schedule for the first 1.0.0 beta so I can reserve my time beforehand for plugin migration, new plugin work, and adapting personal ES projects for moving to 1.0.0 final.

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Lukáš Vlček
Normally, new version of Elasticsearch was released every month or so. So the time has come again :-)

I am specifically looking forward to 0.90.3 because there is a small fix to the Hunspell token filter. ("It is one small fix for a man, one giant leap for mankind"). While we are at it I would like to see #3275 being closed before the next release too.

Regards,
Lukas

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I understand correctly, the issues for 0.90.3 are all closed so there should be no more serious obstacle for a release, and this is why Lukáš asked.

To me it would also be fine if there was a schedule for the first 1.0.0 beta so I can reserve my time beforehand for plugin migration, new plugin work, and adapting personal ES projects for moving to 1.0.0 final.

Re: Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Lukáš Vlček

Thanks Simon,
let me know if you need me to update the PR in any way.
Lukas