Is it possible to write my own filter ?

cornet.remi
Hi everyone,

I need a filter to split in two words a word containing a suffix that belongs to a list (Maybe a text file containing all the suffix) but I can't find an existing filter doing that.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
If not, is there a way to write my own filter in Java and add it to ElasticSearch ? : )

Re: Is it possible to write my own filter ?

Ivan Brusic

Off the top of my head,  I cannot think of an existing filter that accomplishes that task.

Creating a custom filter is easy. Simply creating a Lucene filter and create a plug-in around it. Take a look at existing analysis plug-ins for inspiration.

http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/modules-plugins.html#analysis-plugins

Cheers,

Ivan

On Mar 12, 2015 11:43 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I need a filter to split in two words a word containing a suffix that belongs to a list (Maybe a text file containing all the suffix) but I can't find an existing filter doing that.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
If not, is there a way to write my own filter in Java and add it to ElasticSearch ? : )

Re: Is it possible to write my own filter ?

dadoonet
I wonder if you could use a Pattern Tokenizer in that case???

http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/analysis-pattern-tokenizer.html

--
David ;-)

Le 12 mars 2015 à 04:32, Ivan Brusic <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Yes, that's an idea : )
Pattern Tokenizer seems to give the results I want but I don't know if it's possible to define patterns based on a list of specific words.