Is there a way to have elasticsearch deny index requests on an index?

Is there a way to have elasticsearch deny index requests on an index?

Ittai Zeidman
Is there a way to have elasticsearch deny index requests on an index?
The usecase for this is that when I want to update a mapping of a type, I'd like to deny incomming indexing requests while I'm reindexing into a new index.

Re: Is there a way to have elasticsearch deny index requests on an index?

In upcoming 0.19, you will be able to set an index to be read only: https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/1573.

On Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Ittai Zeidman wrote:

Is there a way to have elasticsearch deny index requests on an index?
The usecase for this is that when I want to update a mapping of a type, I'd like to deny incomming indexing requests while I'm reindexing into a new index.

Re: Is there a way to have elasticsearch deny index requests on an index?

Ivan Brusic
Can this setting be set dynamically? Must the index be closed in order
to reopen it as read-only? I am assuming the standard Lucene
performance (greater concurrency) benefit applies.

I am thinking of using this feature in conjunction with index aliases.
Write to a new index and then setting it to read only.

--
Ivan