Is there any way to alk to elasticsearch without using rest. Did elasticsearch api support that in some way?

Is there any way to alk to elasticsearch without using rest. Did elasticsearch api support that in some way?

Udit Narayan
Hi

We have a scenerio while implmenting an file system search in our organization where we are indexing data shared across in file systems. We know hot to use .NET(nest) api to connect to elasticsearch and do opeations on it. But since the throughput is limited by the HTTP Request-Response cycle invlolved we are thinking if there is any way to use elasticseach api directly in a program without getting into HTTP cycles.

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

---