Is type play important role in searching?

Is type play important role in searching?

Sam-4
Hi

I have doubt that creating an index we define type,Is it play
important role in searching data.if yes,then which situation we uses
it.please provide some example to clear things.

Re: Is type play important role in searching?

Karussell
I think it is useful for parent child stuff:

http://www.elasticsearch.org/blog/2010/12/27/0.14.0-released.html

Also separating the type from index is very important when you have 2
or more indices of one type.
This is a big advantage e.g. over solr