Java client - setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout)

Java client - setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout)

Ron Sher
Hi all,

I want to make sure the search query doesn't exceed some limit.

I've seen the option to use a setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout).

Can someone please explain the difference?

Also, I've read somewhere that there's a default connection timeout. Can that be used instead. If so, how?

Thanks for your help,

Ron

Re: Java client - setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout)

Nikolas Everett

Timeouts are server side and best effort. I believe action get(timeout) is client side.

I use the http client but use both and set the server side timeout to lower than the client side timeout.

The server side timeout should return partial results if possible.

On Nov 30, 2014 10:41 AM, "Ron Sher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I want to make sure the search query doesn't exceed some limit.

I've seen the option to use a setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout).

Can someone please explain the difference?

Also, I've read somewhere that there's a default connection timeout. Can that be used instead. If so, how?

Thanks for your help,

Ron

Re: Java client - setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout)

Ron Sher
Thanks for the info.

Do you know what are the defaults?

On Nov 30, 2014 10:41 AM, "Ron Sher" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="LLAsD1cguXgJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">ron....@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I want to make sure the search query doesn't exceed some limit.

I've seen the option to use a setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout).

Can someone please explain the difference?

Also, I've read somewhere that there's a default connection timeout. Can that be used instead. If so, how?

Thanks for your help,

Ron

Re: Java client - setTimeout vs actionGet(timeout)

Itamar Syn-Hershko
IIRC the Java API doesn't have any default client-side timeout for search requests, its an opt-in feature

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
http://code972.com | @synhershko