Quantcast

Java client

Ali-2
Hey,

I have recently started using Lucene/Solr for indexing my documents
and building a search engine! I just found out about this project
through a friend and it looks just what I need (in particular its
comprehensive JSON API).

However, with Solr, I am working with SolrJ (Java client for solr). I
was just wondering if Elastic Search has any Java client for
integrating it in my java application.

Perhaps a demo/tutorial for doing this would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!
- Ali

*P.S:  I must say that the website is awesome!

Re: Java client

First of all, thanks about the website :).

Yes, a Java API is in the works (actually, it is there on master, though not heavily javadoc'ed yet, and no reference site docs). One of the benefits of the Java API is that it does not use JSON, its a low level TCP communication with highly optimized serialization. Its got a full Java DSL for all operations.

I plan to release 0.5.0 in a couple of weeks. If you can't wait, get master and build it, and in Java do:

Server server = ServerBuilder.serverBuilder().server();
Client client = server.client();

Client has all the APIs you need, here is an example for index:

IndexReponse response =
        client.index(indexRequest("test").type("type1").id("1").source(jsonBuilder().startObject().field("value", "aaa").endObject())).actionGet();

The nice thing is that the Java API is completely async (you get an ActionFuture back, and can pass a listener).

-shay.banon

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Ali <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey,

I have recently started using Lucene/Solr for indexing my documents
and building a search engine! I just found out about this project
through a friend and it looks just what I need (in particular its
comprehensive JSON API).

However, with Solr, I am working with SolrJ (Java client for solr). I
was just wondering if Elastic Search has any Java client for
integrating it in my java application.

Perhaps a demo/tutorial for doing this would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!
- Ali

*P.S:  I must say that the website is awesome!

Re: Java client

eugeis
Super, I will use it also.