Java client unable to connect - ClusterBlockException

Java client unable to connect - ClusterBlockException

pnayak
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Java client unable to connect - ClusterBlockException

Igor Motov-3
This exception means that your client cannot find your server. If you are running elasticsearch and app server on different machines, they, probably, cannot find each other because of blocked multicast traffic. If this is the case, try switching to unicast discovery. If they are running on the same machine, it's possible that firewall is interfering with discovery. Multicast discovery is using group 224.2.2.4 and port 54328. After initial multicast broadcast nodes are communicating on ports 9300-9400 (first node on machine is using 9300, next node is using 9301 and so on.)

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:57:55 PM UTC-4, Prashant wrote:
I'd appreciate any help/insight into this problem...  Thanks in advance for  your time and help!

My ElasticSearch setup uses a single shard with no replica.  I am running on a Rackspace cloud server.  The works fine on my local Mac :-(

index.number_of_shards: 1
index.number_of_replicas: 0

No other changes in the config file.

My cluster state is green after starting es:

{"cluster_name":"elasticsearch","status":"green","timed_out":false,"number_of_nodes":1,"number_of_data_nodes":1,"active_primary_shards":0,"active_shards":0,"relocating_shards":0,"initializing_shards":0,"unassigned_shards":0}

When I start my app server, which uses the following to get a client...

Node node = nodeBuilder().client(true).node();
client = node.client();

I get the following exception when a search is sought to be executed:

ERROR [2012-06-28 00:37:34,229] com.yammer.dropwizard.jersey.LoggingExceptionMapper: Error handling a request: 8f94de3bc1f8f645! org.elasticsearch.cluster.block.ClusterBlockException: blocked by: [SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE/1/state not recovered / initialized];[SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE/2/no master];! at org.elasticsearch.cluster.block.ClusterBlocks.globalBlockedException(ClusterBlocks.java:136)
! at org.elasticsearch.cluster.block.ClusterBlocks.globalBlockedRaiseException(ClusterBlocks.java:126)
! at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.<init>(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:108)
! at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchDfsQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.<init>(TransportSearchDfsQueryThenFetchAction.java:76)
! at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchDfsQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.<init>(TransportSearchDfsQueryThenFetchAction.java:65)