[Just Pushed]: Index Aliases

   Just added a nice feature, which is basically assigning alias(es) to an index. More info here: http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/issue/88. One of the nice things one can do with this API is to create a logical name for an index (the alias) and then replace it on the fly to work against another index.

-shay.banon

Re: [Just Pushed]: Index Aliases

Clinton Gormley

>    Just added a nice feature, which is basically assigning alias(es)
> to an index. More info here:
> http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/issue/88. One of
> the nice things one can do with this API is to create a logical name
> for an index (the alias) and then replace it on the fly to work
> against another index.

Superb!  That completes a big part of the puzzle.

One thing, in the issue that you link to, you don't specify which type
of REST request that we would use for the aliasing.

ta

clint

--
Web Announcements Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
with company number 05608868, with registered address at 10 Arvon Road,
London, N5 1PR.

Re: [Just Pushed]: Index Aliases

Oops... . Update the issue. The REST is host:port/_aliases