Kibana, Error editing saved visualization with quotationmark

Kibana, Error editing saved visualization with quotationmark

sundbing
Hi All,

as we are very new to the ELK stack, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but perhaps you can help with the following problem.

We saved some visualization with quotationmark in the name, for example:
'Count-exciis_page:-%22-slash-Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync%2Fdefault.eas%22'

Since it was saved, we are not able to change the visualization search again. If we select edit on such saved object, it jumps to "Discovery" instead of "Visualize".

Is there a way to rename the saved visualization in elasticsearch, so we are able to edit it again?

We are using:
elasticsearch 1.4.4
kibana 4.0.0 Build 5888

Thanks allot,
Benedikt

Re: Kibana, Error editing saved visualization with quotationmark

Mark Walkom-2
You might have to extract the doc from the .kibana index, edit it and then send it back to get immediate access.

However it'd also be worth raising this as a Github issue, perhaps there is something that is not being properly escaped under the hood, which causes the behaviour.

On 4 May 2015 at 20:58, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

as we are very new to the ELK stack, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but perhaps you can help with the following problem.

We saved some visualization with quotationmark in the name, for example:
'Count-exciis_page:-%22-slash-Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync%2Fdefault.eas%22'

Since it was saved, we are not able to change the visualization search again. If we select edit on such saved object, it jumps to "Discovery" instead of "Visualize".

Is there a way to rename the saved visualization in elasticsearch, so we are able to edit it again?

We are using:
elasticsearch 1.4.4
kibana 4.0.0 Build 5888

Thanks allot,
Benedikt

Re: Kibana, Error editing saved visualization with quotationmark

Benedikt Althaus
Hey Mark,

you where absolutly right.
I used elasticdump to export and reimport the document in the .kibana index.

Thank you.

[...]

Please update your bookmarks! We moved to https://discuss.elastic.co/
---