Less records are searched in query if one of the elastic search node is killed out of three running elastic search nodes

Less records are searched in query if one of the elastic search node is killed out of three running elastic search nodes

Nishant Kumar

I am indexing data in 3 elastic search nodes and performing following steps

Steps:
1. Start all three nodes of elastic search(replication factor is 2 and no of shards 5).
2. Insert data and make sure that elastic search contains some data let's say 20000. 3. Now fire query through REST client to search all data. 4. Verify that 20000 results are returned and status is shown in query server logs. 5. Now kill one elastic search just after firing query from REST client. 6. Less than 20000 records are searched

Is there any reason due to which i am getting less records or Is there any configuration change by which i can get all the
records ??

Re: Less records are searched in query if one of the elastic search node is killed out of three running elastic search nodes

Binh Ly-2
Can you please clarify, when you say "Less than 20000 records are searched", what exactly do you mean? I.e., how do you know it was less than 20000? Thanks.

Re: Less records are searched in query if one of the elastic search node is killed out of three running elastic search nodes

Nishant Kumar
Hi Binh Ly,

Thanks for your quick reply. Problem which i am exactly facing is,

Initially i have 20000 records in my elastic Search cluster with replication factor 2 and no of nodes are 3.
When i am querying from REST API, i am able to get all the 20000 records. I am able to check the result size on REST API.

In case if i am shutting down one of my node prior to firing query,i am able to get all the 20000 records as the replication factor is 2.
But when i am shutting down one of my elastic search node just after firing the query in that case no of hits are less then 20000 and result size is also less then 20000.

On Monday, 28 April 2014 19:03:39 UTC+5:30, Binh Ly wrote:
Can you please clarify, when you say "Less than 20000 records are searched", what exactly do you mean? I.e., how do you know it was less than 20000? Thanks.

Re: Less records are searched in query if one of the elastic search node is killed out of three running elastic search nodes

dadoonet
In the later request, can you see that some shards failed?
Could you gist the full result you get in that case?

--
David ;-)