Limiting multicast cluster membership

Fabian Lange
Hi,
just wanted to check the best practice for limiting membership of nodes in a cluster running multicast discovery.

Is it expected to configure this by configuring the underlying network layer to restrict multicast across networks, or can I configure the Zen Discovery to accept only nodes from certain subnets.

Fabian

Re: Limiting multicast cluster membership

q42jaap
Did you consider changing the clustername in the configuration? Or is
it a security feature you're looking for?
Jaap Taal

[ Q42 BV | tel 070 44523 42 | direct 070 44523 65 | http://q42.nl |
Waldorpstraat 17F, Den Haag | Vijzelstraat 72 unit 4.23, Amsterdam |
KvK 30164662 ]