Load balancing elastic search

Dan Tuffery
Hi, I have three servers each running an instance of elastic search. I have been given the task to load balance them. Should I use one server as a master node for load balancing request to two slave nodes?

Is there a better way to do it?

Or any good resources on how to load balance ES?

Re: Load balancing elastic search

vineeth mohan
AFAIK load balancing is done automatically in ES.
When you fire a request to a node and it feels there is someone who can serve the request better , it redirects the request to that node.

Thanks
           Vineeth

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM, es newbie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I have three servers each running an instance of elastic search. I have been given the task to load balance them. Should I use one server as a master node for load balancing request to two slave nodes?

Is there a better way to do it?

Or any good resources on how to load balance ES?

Re: Load balancing elastic search

Dan Tuffery
Thanks Vineeth,

There must be some configuration required. I have es1 on ServerA, es2 on serverB and es3 on serverC, so I need to tell es1, es2 and es3 about each other.