Logging

aemadrid
For some reason on my OSX machine I don't see any logging to the
screen like you did on the video. Any way I can send the logging to a
file somewhere?

Re: Logging

Its automatically logged to a file as well (check work/logs). Maybe you don't see it since you run elasticsearch using just the "elasticsearch" script which by default runs it in the background. If you run it with "elasticsearch -f" then it will run in the foreground.

Logging is explained here: http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/setup/configuration/#Logging

-shay.banon

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM, aemadrid <[hidden email]> wrote:
For some reason on my OSX machine I don't see any logging to the
screen like you did on the video. Any way I can send the logging to a
file somewhere?

Re: Logging

aemadrid
Great to know. For some reason I was reading it the other way around. So much for payin atention ;-)

Adrian Madrid
My eBiz, Senior Developer
3082 W. Maple Loop Dr
Lehi, UT 84043