Manual copy of indices

varun
Hi All,

I want to copy indexes created by embedded elastic search and copy that data
into a live elastic search and use it. So these are the steps I followed.
1) Generated indices using Node Client (like embedded elastic search) with a
index name testindex
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/java-api/current/client.html

2) After that I had a live elastic search cluster with one node and I
created an empty index by the same name testindex and the same mappings as
used to generate indices using NodeClient.

3) After that I closed testindex and copied the index data from the embedded
elasticsearch to the data directory for testindex in elastic search

4) Opened the index testindex. After opening the index the copied data is
deleted.

Any ideas why that could have happend. If I want to reused the indices
generated by embedded elasticsearch by copying them to the data folder in
elastic search, what all files should I copy.

Please advise

Thanks
Varun

Re: Manual copy of indices

Binh Ly-2
The safest way is to not have the index at all in the destination node in the first place. Then you shutdown the the destination node, copy everything from the named index folder from the source node and put it under the indices folder in the destination node, and then start it back up again.