Mapping es.mapping.id to a nested field in the json?

Mapping es.mapping.id to a nested field in the json?

deepakas
Does the mapping id parameter in elasticsearch support mapping to a nested field in a json. If yes what is the configuration to specify a nested field. I tried different formats as given below without much success.

sc.hadoopConfiguration.set("es.mapping.id", "Batch.BatchId")

Thanks in advance for the inputs.

Re: Mapping es.mapping.id to a nested field in the json?

deepakas
I was able to get it working without a nesting field as given below.
Is mapping to nested field is supported for the es.mapping.id
parameter. Also I am having trouble mapping the date field to
timestamp.

sc.hadoopConfiguration.set("es.mapping.id", "batchId")
sc.hadoopConfiguration.set("es.mapping.names", "date:@timestamp")

"date": "2015-01-26T08:52:53ZZ",

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:54 AM, Deepak Subhramanian
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does the mapping id parameter in elasticsearch support mapping to a nested
> field in a json. If yes what is the configuration to specify a nested field.
> I tried different formats as given below without much success.
>
> sc.hadoopConfiguration.set("es.mapping.id", "Batch.BatchId")
>

> Thanks in advance for the inputs.

> [hidden email].
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a8b46640-dea4-4d20-845a-769f22d830e9%40googlegroups.com.

Deepak Subhramanian