Measure logstash performance

vachan_da
We're using logstash to parse our logs and to store them in ES. We're currently using a logstash 1.4.2 and ES 1.4.4. Is there anyway to measure the number of events logstash can parse per second, apart from using the metrics filter. The metrics filter seems to have an issue with logstash 1.4.2, cause the numbers don't add up. I did come across a gem called logstash-perftool, which does the logstash profiling for you, any ideas on how to use it?

P.S. the link to the github page of the gem.

Thanks.