Memcached Plugin

   Just pushed to master that exposes elasticsearch REST protocol over memcached protocol. Seems like it can give better performance over HTTP when used. Here is the issue: http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/issue/141.

   As a side note, it does impose some restrictions. I am currently looking for a binary REST protocol, or something similar, that will expose the full power of REST over a well known protocol. My belief is that the memcached client libs are simply implemented much better when compared to the http counterparts (there shouldn't really be such a big different as we see in perl for example).

cheers,
shay.banon