Merging Two Indexes

Sumit Guptaa
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me how we can merge two indicies..is there any mechanism in ES for merging index ....any help would be highly appreciated....Thanx

first index=>

{"message":"abc"}
{"message""def"}

Second Index=>

{"name":"sumit"}
{"name":"gupta"}

Regards,
Sumit Gupta

Re: Merging Two Indexes

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

what exactly do you mean by merging indices?

If you have an index A and index B and you want to have new index C with would contain content from both indices A and B (and then you eventually want to drop indices A and B) then such merging is not supported by ES out of the box. But you can write a simple script to do it manually on your side (pull all data from index A and index into C, pull all data from index B and index into C, done).

If you just want to search across both indices A and B (as is they were a single index C) then you can of course do it (http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/multi-index.html or http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/admin-indices-aliases.html).

Regards,
Lukas