Quantcast

Message not fully read (response) for "handler org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.instance.TransportInstanceSingleOperationAction"

Message not fully read (response) for "handler org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.instance.TransportInstanceSingleOperationAction"

Drew Broadley-2
I have a three node cluster, all running 0.20.2.

  • number0.20.2
  • snapshot_buildfalse

When running a search, occasionally I get this error returned on some nodes and the whole search fails.

 [2013-02-25 22:17:58,122][WARN ][transport.netty          ] [search03.local.paperlessreceipt.com] Message not fully read (response) for [2078599] handler org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.instance.TransportInstanceSingleOperationAction$AsyncSingleAction$2@5adcc7f5, error [true], resetting

This is all I can see, no dump files.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Message not fully read (response) for "handler org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.instance.TransportInstanceSingleOperationAction"

Clinton Gormley-2
Hi Drew

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 14:23 -0800, Drew Broadley wrote:
> I have a three node cluster, all running 0.20.2.
>

> When running a search, occasionally I get this error returned on some
> nodes and the whole search fails.
>

>  [2013-02-25 22:17:58,122][WARN ][transport.netty          ]
> [search03.local.paperlessreceipt.com] Message not fully read
> (response) for [2078599] handler
> org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.instance.TransportInstanceSingleOperationAction$AsyncSingleAction$2@5adcc7f5, error [true], resetting

This is typically a message you'd see when you have mixed versions of
ES, so I'd suggest:
1) check that all ES servers ARE the same version
2) check that any ES Java clients are also the same version
3) check that you're using the same version of Java everywhere

and failing that, upgrade to 0.20.5 and see if that helps

clint