Missing operating systems statistics on 2 nodes out of 5

Missing operating systems statistics on 2 nodes out of 5

Alexander Vassilevski
Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post - I did in fact do various searches in the group prior to writing this, but I'd be more than glad to use a URL if someone has already solved this exact problem.

Here's a short description of the problem:

I have a cluster with 5 data nodes ( all eligible masters, with minimum 3 ).  I also have a no data no master node which I use for load balancing search and indexing requests ( its the REST endpoint ).

The problem is that for data nodes 4 and 5 I am getting no OS statistics ( the ones provided by the sigar lib ).

The only difference between nodes 1-3 and 4,5 are that the last two were installed via puppet.
There are no significant ( meaning nothing more nothing less, just different values for IP's and hostnames) elasticsearch.yml config differences and I haven't set anything unique on the last two nodes via cluster permanent/transient,  node or index settings.
I have tried restarting both all the individual nodes one by one and the cluster as a whole and neither of these resolved the issue.

I am willing to provide config files, program output, anything, etc, so that we can get this issue resolved - just let me know!

The elasticsearch version I'm using on all the nodes is 1.5.0, java is

-Alex V

---