Quantcast

Multiterm synonyms and preserving original term

Multiterm synonyms and preserving original term

arvindk

I'm trying to get a synonym query to work where a user can search for:

"admin group", "common group"

but also have

"admin" also retrieve the document.

So far I have the first situation working with a contracting synonym setup so:
"admin group,common group => common group"
With query time and index time synonym analysis.

But because at index time the term is indexed as "common group" when searching for "admin group" it fails to find the document. Any tips on how I can get it to behave as I want?