Need Help for Configuring Two Clusters.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need Help for Configuring Two Clusters.

mohammad rafi g
Hi to All...

              Please Any One Tell Me If You Know., How to Configure Two Clusters [of same version i.e., 0.20.5V],
setting like:
Cluster One: {node.data  is set to true}
                    {master is true}
                    {cluster name is like., elasticserach1}
Cluster Two: {node.data  is set to False}
                    {master is true}
                    {cluster name is like., elasticserach2}

One Cluster[elasticserach1] is For Purely Indexing and this cluster is not suppose to search                       And
Another Cluster[elasticserach2] is for Searching Data , Which is Stored in the Cluster[elasticserach1] and not suppose to Index data.

            Is This is Possible to Have Two Different Clusters as in the above Condition.

Please Any One Help me..
What I have to do to Accomplish my Requirement described Above.

Regards and Thanks to All,
Mohammad Rafi.
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need Help for Configuring Two Clusters.

Drew Raines-2
rafi wrote:

> Please Any One Tell Me If You Know., How to Configure Two
> Clusters [of same version i.e., 0.20.5V], setting like:
>
> Cluster One: {node.data  is set to true}
>              {master is true}
>              {cluster name is like., elasticserach1}
> Cluster Two: {node.data  is set to False}
>              {master is true}
>              {cluster name is like., elasticserach2}
>
> One Cluster[elasticserach1] is For Purely Indexing and this
> cluster is not
> suppose to search                       And
> Another Cluster[elasticserach2] is for Searching Data , Which is
> Stored in
> the Cluster[elasticserach1] and not suppose to Index data.

Rafi:

You actually don't want two different clusters here.  Set
cluster.name to the same thing for all nodes, and then for the
"cluster two" nodes, use:

   node.client: true

These nodes will join the cluster with the "cluster one" nodes and
be able to see its data, but they won't get elected master or be
able to store data themselves.  You can also issue queries to any
of the "cluster one" or "cluster two" nodes.

Drew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need Help for Configuring Two Clusters.

Stéphane Raux
In reply to this post by mohammad rafi g
Hi Mohammad,

You will have to put all of your nodes in the same cluster name, in
order to allow both types of nodes to communicate.

Also, this page may provide a solution to your problem :
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/modules/node/

Regards,

Stéphane

2013/5/7 rafi <[hidden email]>:

> Hi to All...
>
>               Please Any One Tell Me If You Know., How to Configure Two
> Clusters [of same version i.e., 0.20.5V],
> setting like:
> Cluster One: {node.data  is set to true}
>                     {master is true}
>                     {cluster name is like., elasticserach1}
> Cluster Two: {node.data  is set to False}
>                     {master is true}
>                     {cluster name is like., elasticserach2}
>
> One Cluster[elasticserach1] is For Purely Indexing and this cluster is not
> suppose to search                       And
> Another Cluster[elasticserach2] is for Searching Data , Which is Stored in
> the Cluster[elasticserach1] and not suppose to Index data.
>
>             Is This is Possible to Have Two Different Clusters as in the
> above Condition.
>
> Please Any One Help me..
> What I have to do to Accomplish my Requirement described Above.
>
> Regards and Thanks to All,
> Mohammad Rafi.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "elasticsearch" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [hidden email].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need Help for Configuring Two Clusters.

mohammad rafi g
In reply to this post by mohammad rafi g
Thanks to Stéphane R., and Drew Raines for Replying Me.

As Per Stéphane R.,
>>You will have to put all of your nodes in the same cluster name, in
>>order to allow both types of nodes to communicate.

I will Do As you Say.

As Per Drew Raines.,
>>Set cluster.name to the same thing for all nodes, and then for the "cluster two" nodes, use:
>>   node.client: true

Now I will Use Settings like:
for ClusterOne: cluster name is like "elasticserach"
                        Master as true
                        node.data as true
for ClusterTwo: cluster name is like "elasticserach"
                        node.client: true         <-------------------
                        node.data as false
                  
I think this is What You say me to Do.

Ok Once Again Thanks For Replying..

Regards
Mohammad Rafi

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need Help for Configuring Two Clusters.

Drew Raines-2
rafi wrote:

> Now I will Use Settings like:
> for ClusterOne: cluster name is like "elasticserach"
>                         Master as true
>                         node.data as true

These are the defaults, FYI.  You wouldn't need to do anything
special for the data nodes.

> for ClusterTwo: cluster name is like "elasticserach"
>                         node.client: true
>                         <-------------------
>                         node.data as false

Setting node.client: true will automatically set node.data: false.

Cheers!

Drew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need Help for Configuring Two Clusters.

mohammad rafi g
In reply to this post by mohammad rafi g

Hi., Drew Raines
Thanks for your Response. Now I am Clear about how to Configure settings to work with two ElasticSearch servers.
And Now I am able to work with two ElasticSearch servers.

Thank You Very Much, Drew Raines, for reply me.

Regards
Mohammad Rafi.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.