Nodes Stats returns sometimes ArithmeticException

max

Nodes Stats returns sometimes ArithmeticException

max
Hi,

we are running 0.19.12 on a quite large cluster (over 1 billion documents, over 3TB) and suddenly the /_node/stats function returns sometimes this error:
{
  "error" : "ArithmeticException[Value cannot fit in an int: 2562047788015]",
  "status" : 500
}

after some search we found out that the problem is in the os-stats, they return this error. We query this stats every 10 seconds and around 50% of them are failing.
The machines are all Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Servers on Amazon running Openjdk.

Any idea why this is happening? Will this happen in 0.2x too?

Thank you,
Max

max

Re: Nodes Stats returns sometimes ArithmeticException

max
Hi,

because when i set os=false in the url it never failed.
The problem in our case was one server in the cluster that had a network issue, thats why it failed the query. But then the stats should return the results from all other servers in the cluster, and not only an error message, or?

Thank you,
Max