Quantcast

OCR Plugin

dadoonet

Hi there,

Does anyone knows a nice OCR java library that I may use to add the OCR feature [1] to the attachment plugin ?

Thanks

[1]  https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-mapper-attachments/issues/10

--
David Pilato
http://dev.david.pilato.fr/
Twitter : @dadoonet

Re: OCR Plugin

Alexander Reelsen
Hi David

On 4 Apr., 10:20, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone knows a nice OCR java library that I may use to add the OCR
> feature [1] to the attachment plugin ?
I searched for the same some time ago, but didnt come up with anything
useful (free, there seem to be some commercial ones which are ok/
good).
In Open Source world, there is Tesseract possibly (however this is a
binary, and you would have to spawn a process)

Keep me posted about progress in case you find something cool, I need
this for my home paperwork (I never find stuff when I search for in
real life :-)

--Alexander

Re: OCR Plugin

dadoonet

Thanks Alexander.

At this time : 0 answer from twitter, 1 from facebook :  http://asprise.com/

I will dig into it to see if it could fit to my needs.

Keep in touch

David.

--
David Pilato
http://dev.david.pilato.fr/
Twitter : @dadoonet

Re: OCR Plugin

Thomas Peuss
Hi David!

Am Mittwoch, 4. April 2012 10:20:06 UTC+2 schrieb David Pilato:

Does anyone knows a nice OCR java library that I may use to add the OCR feature [1] to the attachment plugin ?

Here is a list from Ubuntu:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OCR

When it comes to Java:
http://www.roncemer.com/software-development/java-ocr

The Java project is not very active though...

CU
Thomas

Shairon Toledo
http://hashcode.me

RE: OCR Plugin

dadoonet

Thanks to all. I think that the best answer is : http://www.roncemer.com/software-development/java-ocr

FYI, there is one OCR in the cloud : http://ocrsdk.com/plans-and-pricing/ with a Java client : https://github.com/abbyysdk/ocrsdk.com/tree/master/Java

I agree for the bottleneck. Although it could fit to some use cases.

David

http://hashcode.me

Re: OCR Plugin

tonytong
if you don't like to install ocr software to your computer, you can try this free online ocr tool