Plugin manager

nyamka110-2
hi all;

I'm very new to elasticsearch, and I wanted to install fsriver and
mapper-attachments but when i write a command " bin/plugin -install
fr.pilato.elasticsearch.river/fsriver/0.2.0" i get error that "Couldn't find
or load main class org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginManager".

I found PluginManager java file but i seriously don't know where do I place
that java file. Pls help , tnx :)

Re: Plugin manager

dadoonet
Did you download elasticsearch from elasticsearch website ?
Use the right package and don't download sources from github unless you want to compile the project.

--
David ;-)

Le 7 juin 2013 à 12:39, [hidden email] a écrit :

hi all;

I'm very new to elasticsearch, and I wanted to install fsriver and
mapper-attachments but when i write a command " bin/plugin -install
fr.pilato.elasticsearch.river/fsriver/0.2.0" i get error that "Couldn't find
or load main class org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginManager".

I found PluginManager java file but i seriously don't know where do I place
that java file. Pls help , tnx :)

Re: Plugin manager

nyamka110-2
hi, i downloaded elasticsearch from elasticsearch's website, Did you mean that official elasticsearch website's download has all neccesary rivers or any plugins?  OR should I download the rivers or any plugins from elasticsearch website?
Sorry my bad english :)

Re: Plugin manager

Fatima Castiglione Maldonado 发
Hi
I am new to the list and to elasticsearch

I installed the plugins manually, following this tutorial
(he explains how to install _head, a web interface; installing _river is similar)

2013/6/9 <[hidden email]>
hi, i downloaded elasticsearch from elasticsearch's website, Did you mean that official elasticsearch website's download has all neccesary rivers or any plugins?  OR should I download the rivers or any plugins from elasticsearch website?
Sorry my bad english :)

=================================
Fátima Castiglione Maldonado
[hidden email]

                     ____
,'_ |
__________________|__|__|__
<_____ ) _.------._
`-----------,------.-' ,-' `-.
| | | ,' `.
,' | | ,' `.
| _,-' |__ / \
_,'-' `. `---.___|_____________ \
.--' -----. | _____________________ `-. ----- |
| ___| | | \ ,- \ |
| ___| |===========================((|) | |
| | | | _____________________/ `- / |
`--._ -----' | _________________,-' ----- |
`.-._ ,' __.---' | /
| `-. | \ /
`. | | `. ,'
| | | `. ,'
_____,----------`-------`-. `-._ _,-'
<___________________________) `------'
| _| |
`.____|

Re: Plugin manager

nyamka110-2
I heard that David you're an author of Scrutmydocs. Right now I'm trying that. Would you like to help me on this, Please explain about that rivers, How can i create or import Database river or any other river and what's main role of rivers. I think FS river do the index job of my uploaded docs, is it right?  I  have many  things in Scrutmydocs that i didn't understand.

how can i see my uploaded docs just like mysql database?
Pls pls help, thank you

Re: Plugin manager

nyamka110-2
Hi Fatima, Thanks for your help, One question : Where do i put that codes to create client etc.

01//Create Client
02Settings settings = ImmutableSettings.settingsBuilder().put("cluster.name","localtestsearch").build();
03TransportClient transportClient = new TransportClient(settings);
04transportClient = transportClient.addTransportAddress(new InetSocketTransportAddress("localhost",9300));
05return (Client) transportClient;
06
07//Create Index and set settings and mappings
08
09CreateIndexRequestBuilder createIndexRequestBuilder = client.admin().indices().prepareCreate(indexName);
10createIndexRequestBuilder.execute().actionGet();
11
12//Add documents
13IndexRequestBuilder indexRequestBuilder = client().prepareIndex(indexName, documentType, documentId);
14//build json object
15XContentBuilder contentBuilder = jsonBuilder().startObject().prettyPrint();
16contentBuilder.field("name""jai");
17contentBuilder.stopObject();
18indexRequestBuilder.setSource(contentBuilder);
19IndexResponse response = indexRequestBuilder .execute().actionGet();
20
21//Get document
22GetRequestBuilder getRequestBuilder = client().prepareGet(indexName, type, id);
23getRequestBuilder.setFields(new String[]{"name"});
24GetResponse response = getRequestBuilder.execute().actionGet();
25String name = response.field("name").getValue().toString();

Should i put this in elasticsearch config file or write in java file ? I'm sorry i don't know java and other programming languages.

2013/6/9 <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="yaf2ZXHxIr0J">nyam...@...>
hi, i downloaded elasticsearch from elasticsearch's website, Did you mean that official elasticsearch website's download has all neccesary rivers or any plugins?  OR should I download the rivers or any plugins from elasticsearch website?
Sorry my bad english :)

=================================
Fátima Castiglione Maldonado

                     ____
,'_ |
__________________|__|__|__
<_____ ) _.------._
`-----------,------.-' ,-' `-.
| | | ,' `.
,' | | ,' `.
| _,-' |__ / \
_,'-' `. `---.___|_____________ \
.--' -----. | _____________________ `-. ----- |
| ___| | | \ ,- \ |
| ___| |===========================((|) | |
| | | | _____________________/ `- / |
`--._ -----' | _________________,-' ----- |
`.-._ ,' __.---' | /
| `-. | \ /
`. | | `. ,'
| | | `. ,'
_____,----------`-------`-. `-._ _,-'
<___________________________) `------'
| _| |
`.____|

Re: Plugin manager

Fatima Castiglione Maldonado 发

if you really want to use that API, you will need to create a java class to put that code.

if all you want to do is to index text documents (that is all i want) there is another solution.
i looked at the app that you mentioned ( scrutmydocs )

1. install glassfish
download glassfish server from
https://glassfish.java.net/downloads/3.0.1-final.html
open terminal
go to download directory
Make the downloaded executable, by typing in:
chmod +x glassfish-3.0.1-unix-ml.sh
Run the script using the command
./glassfish-3.0.1-unix-ml.sh
i installed it in:
/usr/share/glassfishv3/bin/asadmin
tell the glassfish install program where your jdk is, mine (Ubuntu) was:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/bin

2. run glassfish
cd /usr/share/glassfishv3/bin
./asadmin start-domain domain1

3. install scrutmydocs
you can download the app as a war from
http://www.scrutmydocs.org/
go to
http://localhost:4848/common/index.jsf
deploy the app using the option on the left

4. run scrutmydocs
http://localhost:8080/scrutmydocs-0.2.0/
once the app opens, load the docs (a button at upper-right)
then run a query and it works

Bye

2013/6/10 <[hidden email]>
[...]

[Message tronqué]