Problem installing hadoop plugin

elasticsearcher
I'm still learning how to use ElasticSearch, and I'm pretty new to
distributed computing in general, so this might be silly, but when I
run:

bin/plugin -install hadoop

I get the message:

-> Installing hadoop

for an inordinate amount of time, and hadoop never installs.

In the online documentation, it says, as an alternate method, that you
can simply download the plugin and put it in the plugins folder.
However, despite my efforts google searching, I have not been able to
find anywhere to download the plugin (although we did find a
repository on github, but didn't know what to do with it) as a
standalone.

Now, as I originally said, I'm very new to ElasticSearch, so I might
have completely missed something.

What should I do to get a hadoop gateway set up for my ElasticSearch
cluster?

Thanks for your time

Re: Problem installing hadoop plugin

Lukáš Vlček
Elasticsearch and its plugins are available in maven repo.
http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/java_api/#Maven_Repository

Hadoop plugin in particular can be found here:

Rgds,
Lukas

Thanks for your time