Problem occured with same name of cluster in different machines

Problem occured with same name of cluster in different machines

mehmet

Hello,

I have a weird issue today and it gives me lots of problem. I had two cluster different but unfortunatelly I gave them the same names by mistake;

lets say;
test_cluster

  • both cluster have had totaly different machines ( it was working well its been one month)
  • today I added a machine in one of the cluster and I saw that all the machines were in the same cluster physically (it was not the case before adding the machine)
  • I have chacked the unicast list; there were no machine in common

So someone can explain me how I had this problem and how I can seperate them ?

Thank you

---

Re: Problem occured with same name of cluster in different machines

Mark Walkom-2
Your best option is to use https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/index-modules-allocation.html#shard-allocation-filtering and then move indices to their correct node, then shutdown one cluster and change the cluster name.

PS - We're moving to https://discuss.elastic.co/, please join us there for any future discussions!