Problem when restart ES

Gustavo Maia
I have this problem 2 times.

I have 4 server all using S3 plugin. I stop ES in all server, and wait
all process stop.
After all server complete stopped i start all ES, I'm using Chef
Server for admin my cluster.
The problem is "No commit point data is available in gateway"

What i need do to restart my cluster ?? i'm afraid stop again and
loose more data. I always stop all index (When i stop the cluster,
don't have indexing nothing)

2012-01-31_16:23:32.53267
org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.IndexShardGatewayRecoveryException:
[jurisindexname][4] No commit point data is available in gateway
2012-01-31_16:23:32.53268       at
org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.blobstore.BlobStoreIndexShardGateway.recover(BlobStoreIndexShardGateway.java:433)
2012-01-31_16:23:32.53269       at
org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.IndexShardGatewayService$1.run(IndexShardGatewayService.java:177)
2012-01-31_16:23:32.53270       at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
2012-01-31_16:23:32.53271       at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
2012-01-31_16:23:32.53272       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Gustavo Maia

Re: Problem when restart ES

Karussell
How did you stop the cluster? Via API?

Peter.

On Jan 31, 5:27 pm, Gustavo Maia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have this problem 2 times.
>
> I have 4 server all using S3 plugin. I stop ES in all server, and wait
> all process stop.
> After all server complete stopped i start all ES, I'm using Chef
> Server for admin my cluster.
> The problem is "No commit point data is available in gateway"
>
> What i need do to restart my cluster ?? i'm afraid stop again and
> loose more data. I always stop all index (When i stop the cluster,
> don't have indexing nothing)
>
> 2012-01-31_16:23:32.53267
> org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.IndexShardGatewayRecoveryException:
> [jurisindexname][4] No commit point data is available in gateway
> 2012-01-31_16:23:32.53268       at
> org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.blobstore.BlobStoreIndexShardGateway.recove r(BlobStoreIndexShardGateway.java:433)
> 2012-01-31_16:23:32.53269       at
> org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.IndexShardGatewayService$1.run(IndexShardGa tewayService.java:177)
> 2012-01-31_16:23:32.53270       at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1 110)
> 2012-01-31_16:23:32.53271       at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 603)
> 2012-01-31_16:23:32.53272       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

> Gustavo Maia

Re: Problem when restart ES

Gustavo Maia
Not. I'm stop the cluster Via script, service.

"sudo service elasticsearch stop"

Gustavo Maia

Gustavo Maia

Re: Problem when restart ES