Problem with synonym token filter

Rajesh Tarle
Hi

I am newbie with elastic search.i need to use synonym filter to meet my requirement.

my used mapping details and synonym text file  on : https://gist.github.com/rajesh07/4985901

Requirement:
---------------------

1. I need to search both direction means

oracle=sap and sap=oracle

This it's works nicely but when using below one :

oracle company=sap and sap =oracle company

It doesn't work.

when i remove the space between oracle company (like oraclecompany) it's give me desired results.

so final conclusion from my side that synonym does not support space between word combination.

please help me to sorted out this problem.

Re: Problem with synonym token filter

egaumer
You need to use the proper tokenizer.

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/index-modules/analysis/synonym-tokenfilter.html

"The tokenizer parameter controls the tokenizers that will be used to tokenize the synonym, and defaults to the whitespace tokenizer."

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:39:14 AM UTC-5, raj wrote:
Hi

I am newbie with elastic search.i need to use synonym filter to meet my requirement.

my used mapping details and synonym text file  on : https://gist.github.com/rajesh07/4985901

Requirement:
---------------------

1. I need to search both direction means

oracle=sap and sap=oracle

This it's works nicely but when using below one :

oracle company=sap and sap =oracle company

It doesn't work.

when i remove the space between oracle company (like oraclecompany) it's give me desired results.

so final conclusion from my side that synonym does not support space between word combination.

please help me to sorted out this problem.

Re: Problem with synonym token filter

Rajesh Tarle
hi,

Thanks for reply,
may you explain me. which type of tokenizer should use for this purpose.
I have used used letter,standard and whitespacedelimeter but not got any solution.

Thanks

Raj

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:21:14 PM UTC+5:30, egaumer wrote:
[...]

ppearcy
Sounds like you want synonym phrases. My recommendation is to:
- Perform index time synonym expansion
- On the search side do NOT include the synonym filter in your analyzer

If this doesn't help, please provide examples showing what you believe to be incorrect behavior.

Thanks,
Paul

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:45:43 PM UTC-7, raj wrote:
[...]

Hi ppearcy,

I have changed my elastic search version to 0.20.5 it's working good and solve my problem.
but now If I search using query "oracle company", i got both "sap" and  "oracle company" reverse also working proper.
but when I am searching using query  "oracle" or "company" i got also same result. it's wrong.
in my synonym file I have
oracle company,sap

why "sap" is match to single word "oracle" or "company"?

please suggest.

Thanks
Rajesh

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:09:14 PM UTC+5:30, raj wrote:
Hi

I am newbie with elastic search.i need to use synonym filter to meet my requirement.

my used mapping details and synonym text file  on : https://gist.github.com/rajesh07/4985901

Requirement:
---------------------

1. I need to search both direction means

oracle=sap and sap=oracle

This it's works nicely but when using below one :

oracle company=sap and sap =oracle company

It doesn't work.

when i remove the space between oracle company (like oraclecompany) it's give me desired results.

so final conclusion from my side that synonym does not support space between word combination.

please help me to sorted out this problem.

Re: Problem with synonym token filter

Ivan Brusic
What changes have you made to the original mapping? I noticed a few issues, but you must have changed it after you originally posted if you got it to work somewhat.

Your synonym filter is being applied to the analyzed tokens of the stream. Try using the analyze API on the text using the analyzer used to index it.

--
Ivan