ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException in Elasticsearch. Is this timeout value configurable? If yes how?

ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException in Elasticsearch. Is this timeout value configurable? If yes how?

Munna
Getting timeout exceptions like below for different index operations.  Below one shows for "index-aliases" operation. I would like to know how can I configure this timeout value in elasticsearch.yml so that I configure it once and I do not have to worry about this timeout exception.

org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException: failed to process cluster event (index-aliases) within 30s
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$2$1.run(InternalClusterService.java:237)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

I saw in elasticsearch code that

public abstract class MasterNodeOperationRequest<T extends MasterNodeOperationRequest> extends ActionRequest<T> {

    public static TimeValue DEFAULT_MASTER_NODE_TIMEOUT = TimeValue.timeValueSeconds(30);

    protected TimeValue masterNodeTimeout = DEFAULT_MASTER_NODE_TIMEOUT;

Thanks,
Munna

Re: ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException in Elasticsearch. Is this timeout value configurable? If yes how?

Munna
Yes, I feel its little inconvenient not to have that default value configurable via the config file or an API. I hope ES team do something about it.
I didn't want to touch my code rather I wanted to have some global configurable setting to make my life easy ....

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Luca Cavanna <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

mzrth_7810
Could someone please give an example of how to go about configuring this value, or how/where to provide master_timeout? I'm getting a similar issue when creating mappings, not sure how to go about fixing it. I've read something in the docs about a zen.discovery.publish_timeout, but I believe that's something different

[2015-05-22 12:40:06,000][DEBUG][action.admin.indices.mapping.put] failed to put mappings on indices [index_1432298356915]], type [stuff] org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException: failed to process cluster event (put-mapping [stuff]) within 30s at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$2$1.run(InternalClusterService.java:270) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Luca Cavanna <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="qnpLcqRA_LIJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">cavan...@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Ahaduzzaman Munna <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="qnpLcqRA_LIJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">ahaduzza...@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Luca Cavanna <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="qnpLcqRA_LIJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">cavan...@...> wrote:
[...]

---

Re: ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException in Elasticsearch. Is this timeout value configurable? If yes how?

Mark Walkom-2
This thread is nearly 18 months old, you should really create a new one with a little more detail.

PS - We're moving to https://discuss.elastic.co/, please join us there for any future discussions!