Proxy Recommendation

Christopher Rimondi
I need some advice running S3 snapshots and restores through a proxy. Our production setup typically uses load balanced Squid proxies to gate access to the Internet. We have noticed that snapshots and restores tend to be flaky when passing through the Squids. We see a lot of failures. We don't see the same behavior if the Elasticsearch nodes have direct access to the Internet such as with an EIP attached.

Typically, we configure the proxy settings locally in the Java system properties. Are there any known issues with the Java SDK that could be problematic here? Anyone have any setups that work well for snapshots and restores passing through proxies?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Please update your bookmarks! We moved to https://discuss.elastic.co/
---

Re: Proxy Recommendation

Mark Walkom-2
Not sure we have a recommendation as such, but this is an interesting problem.

Can you provide some more details around what you are seeing?

On 6 May 2015 at 06:31, Chris Rimondi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bogdan Andu

Have you considered Surrogate?

https://github.com/skruger/Surrogate