Pwered by elastic search list

mfeingold
I am looking for the search platform to be used in my company's internal application. Elastic search looks like a great candidate, unfortunately I could not find any information on existing installations of elastic search, which will make it really difficult for me to sell elastic search as the company's search platform.

So here is my question Is there a powered by elastic search list I can use to sell elastic search to my bosses?

P.S. this is my first post to the group and it looks like I messed up subscription and my first attempt to post this question is stuck 'pending approval'. My apologies if it will surface as a dup

Re: Pwered by elastic search list

dadoonet
You can have a look at this thread :
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Who-uses-ES-in-production-tp2682593p2682593.html

Btw, I will go in production with ES in august for my internal company needs. I will describe it later.

David ;-)

Le 7 juil. 2011 à 06:01, mfeingold <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I am looking for the search platform to be used in my company's internal
> application. Elastic search looks like a great candidate, unfortunately I
> could not find any information on existing installations of elastic search,
> which will make it really difficult for me to sell elastic search as the
> company's search platform.
>
> So here is my question Is there a powered by elastic search list I can use
> to sell elastic search to my bosses?
>
> P.S. this is my first post to the group and it looks like I messed up
> subscription and my first attempt to post this question is stuck 'pending
> approval'. My apologies if it will surface as a dup

Re: Pwered by elastic search list

Paul Loy
We at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (Playstation), use Elastic Search to power UGC in Infamous 2. (I owe this list a report on how we did it too).

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:07 AM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can have a look at this thread :
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Who-uses-ES-in-production-tp2682593p2682593.html

Btw, I will go in production with ES in august for my internal company needs. I will describe it later.

David ;-)

Le 7 juil. 2011 à 06:01, mfeingold <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I am looking for the search platform to be used in my company's internal
> application. Elastic search looks like a great candidate, unfortunately I
> could not find any information on existing installations of elastic search,
> which will make it really difficult for me to sell elastic search as the
> company's search platform.
>
> So here is my question Is there a powered by elastic search list I can use
> to sell elastic search to my bosses?
>
> P.S. this is my first post to the group and it looks like I messed up
> subscription and my first attempt to post this question is stuck 'pending
> approval'. My apologies if it will surface as a dup

Paul Loy
[hidden email]
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/paulloy

Re: Pwered by elastic search list

One of the things we need to do is to get a "who uses" page on the website. I will work on it a bit, and would love to get as many users as possible. This is very important, as it helps other users feel more comfortable that this is actually being used in other places...

On Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Paul Loy wrote:

We at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (Playstation), use Elastic Search to power UGC in Infamous 2. (I owe this list a report on how we did it too).

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:07 AM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can have a look at this thread :
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Who-uses-ES-in-production-tp2682593p2682593.html

Btw, I will go in production with ES in august for my internal company needs. I will describe it later.

David ;-)

Le 7 juil. 2011 à 06:01, mfeingold <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I am looking for the search platform to be used in my company's internal
> application. Elastic search looks like a great candidate, unfortunately I
> could not find any information on existing installations of elastic search,
> which will make it really difficult for me to sell elastic search as the
> company's search platform.
>
> So here is my question Is there a powered by elastic search list I can use
> to sell elastic search to my bosses?
>
> P.S. this is my first post to the group and it looks like I messed up
> subscription and my first attempt to post this question is stuck 'pending
> approval'. My apologies if it will surface as a dup

Paul Loy
[hidden email]
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/paulloy

Re: Pwered by elastic search list

Brian O'Neill
Yep, we are looking for that very thing to try to sell ES in our organization. (over SOLR/Sphinx)
We'll hopefully go to production in Sept and will be able to add our names to the list.

It would also be nice to see rough numbers around scale for each use.  (# of docs indexed, queries / sec, nodes, etc.)

-brian

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)
blog: http://brianoneill.blogspot.com/

Re: Pwered by elastic search list

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

although the search site is not yet running publicly we are building search for www.jboss.org content. I have been talking about this on Berlin Buzzwords this year. You can find my slides here: http://berlinbuzzwords.de/sites/berlinbuzzwords.de/files/bbuzz-lukasvlcek-2011_0.pdf

Hopefully we will go into production soon.

Regards,
Lukas