Querying indexed data in different computer Elasticsearch

Querying indexed data in different computer Elasticsearch

Kartik Singhal
Hi

In elastic search java api, suppose I am building the indexed data using this client

Node node = nodeBuilder().clusterName("./resources/firstcommit").node();
Client client = node.client();

IndexResponse response = client.prepareIndex("twitter", "tweet", "1")
    .setSource(jsonBuilder()
                .startObject()
                    .field("user", "kimchy")
                    .field("postDate", new Date())
                    .field("message", "trying out Elasticsearch")
                .endObject()
              )
    .execute()
    .actionGet();

This indexed data is stored in folder XYZ/resources/firstcommit.
My question is how to query this indexed data in java on some other client on other computer.
Is there any way in which I can give the path and the already indexed data can be imported, then I can perform queries on it?

I copied the whole data folder on other computer and ran the following code on other computer. This gave the following exception

  • Node node = nodeBuilder().clusterName("./resources/firstcommit").node();
  • Client client = node.client();
  • MatchQueryBuilder qb = QueryBuilders.matchQuery("user", "kimchy");
  • SearchRequestBuilder srb = client.prepareSearch("twitter").setTypes("tweet");
  • SearchResponse big = srb.setQuery(qb).execute().actionGet();
  • SearchHit[] results = big.getHits().getHits();

This shows

search.SearchPhaseExecutionException: Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed

Please tell me how can I transfer just the indexed data from one computer to another and then query it.

Thank You
regards,
Kartik

---

Re: Querying indexed data in different computer Elasticsearch

dadoonet
I think you misunderstand how Elasticsearch works.

You don't need to share a filesystem across multiple nodes.

Just start a first node with a cluster name like "mycluster". Index your data.

Start a client node or a transport client, which connects to your running cluster and you are done.

--
David ;-)

Le 24 mai 2015 à 12:00, Kartik Singhal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Hi david

Thanks for the reply. Actually my problem is that I first have to index data on my server, then I will be deploying this data so that other users can query it on their different different computers using the code I provide to them. How can I do that?

Thanks
regards,
Kartik

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 3:45 PM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Final Year Undergraduate
Computer Science and Engineering
The LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur

---

Re: Querying indexed data in different computer Elasticsearch

dadoonet
In that case:
- use a simple clustername or let the default one
- just copy the data dir

It should work.

--
David ;-)

Le 24 mai 2015 à 12:36, Kartik Singhal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

David I did that only. See my original mail in this thread.
- I copied the whole data dir which is XYZ/resources/firstcommit
- Then I used this code on that dir
  • Node node = nodeBuilder().clusterName("./resources/firstcommit").node();
  • Client client = node.client();
  • MatchQueryBuilder qb = QueryBuilders.matchQuery("user", "kimchy");
  • SearchRequestBuilder srb = client.prepareSearch("twitter").setTypes("tweet");
  • SearchResponse big = srb.setQuery(qb).execute().actionGet();
  • SearchHit[] results = big.getHits().getHits();

-  This produced the following error

     SearchPhaseExecutionException: Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed

I read somewhere that this should work, any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks
Kartik

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 5:00 PM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

No I have no idea.
But for sure I would never use such a cluster name!

May be your cluster is not really started and you are not waiting enough time for you index to have at least a yellow status?

--
David Pilato - Developer | Evangelist

Le 24 mai 2015 à 14:00, Kartik Singhal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

David the cluster name was just for experimental purpose as I am trying to learn what is happening and I am specifying the path from the present folder in that name, so as to instruct code where to put the data.

Indexes have a yellow status. I ran this code for indexing the data (Its just an example but the main algo is same) :

    Node node = nodeBuilder().clusterName("./resources/firstcommit").node();
    Client client = node.client();
    IndexResponse response = client.prepareIndex("twitter", "tweet", 1)
        .setSource(jsonBuilder()
                    .startObject()
                        .field("user", "kimchi")
                        .field("label", "kim")
                    .endObject()
                  )
        .execute()
        .actionGet();
    node.close();

Now I ran the above code in different computer with data copied to the same path with the exception I mentioned.
What in your opinion I should do?

Thanks for your reply, really helping me a lot. Sorry, I know I am doing some silly mistake here but I am not able to identify it as I am new to the ES.
regards,
Kartik

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 8:05 PM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

user is different. On purpose?

Is the query working fine on the first node?

--
David ;-)

Le 24 mai 2015 à 21:23, Kartik Singhal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Yeah user is different on purpose. I am making a Ques Ans tool and indexing is a part of it. Now I dont have any central server currently to which each user can connect to. SO I have to deploy the indexed data and the query code to the user in my system.
Is their any other better way you feel I can do.

Also yes the query code in the first node is working fine, when I enter the query code like this in first node :

     Node node = nodeBuilder().clusterName("./resources/firstcommit").node();
     Client client = node.client();

IndexResponse response = client.prepareIndex("twitter", "tweet", 1)
        .setSource(jsonBuilder()
                    .startObject()
                        .field("user", "kimchi")
                        .field("label", "kim")
                    .endObject()
                  )
        .execute()
        .actionGet();

    MatchQueryBuilder qb = QueryBuilders.matchQuery("user", "kimchi");
    SearchRequestBuilder srb = client.prepareSearch("twitter").setTypes("tweet");
    SearchResponse big = srb.setQuery(qb).execute().actionGet();
    SearchHit[] results = big.getHits().getHits();

    /*     print results     */
    node.close();

Thanks
regards,
Kartik

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 1:53 AM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I meant something else. At first you indexed kimchy and search for kimchi.

Check your file access rights. Might be your issue.

And please remove the clustername or use a simple one like "mycluster".

--
David ;-)

Le 24 mai 2015 à 22:32, Kartik Singhal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Yes. I first indexed kimchy and queried for kimchy, it is working fine.

Also I tried naming the cluster with simply "mycluster", still not working.

Thanks
regards,
Kartik

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:20 AM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Can you describe all steps you do, one by one, with all commands you run?
Also paste all your logs?

David

Le 24 mai 2015 à 23:17, Kartik Singhal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Steps:

1. I start the node and collect the client of ES using this:

    Node node = nodeBuilder().clusterName("mycluster").node();
    Client client = node.client();

2. Index the data using Indexresponse command

    IndexResponse response = client.prepareIndex("classes", "mappings", String.valueOf(i))
        .setSource(jsonBuilder()
                    .startObject()
                        .field("uri", token1)
                        .field("label", token2)
                    .endObject()
                  )
        .execute()
        .actionGet();

3. Closing the node

    node.close();

4. Run the code successfully.

5. In a different code on the same computer, start a new node

    Node node = nodeBuilder().clusterName("mycluster").node();
    Client client = node.client();

6. Extract the results

    MatchQueryBuilder qb = QueryBuilders.matchQuery("label", "politician");
    SearchRequestBuilder srb = client.prepareSearch("classes").setTypes("mappings");
    SearchResponse big = srb.setQuery(qb).execute().actionGet();
    SearchHit[] results = big.getHits().getHits();

7.  closing the node

    node.close();

8. Run the code with following exception :

   SearchPhaseExecutionException: Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed

I am building the maven project where I use elasticsearch maven repositories so I dont know where elasticsearch places its log files on that and I cannot use logstash currently.

Thanks
Kartik

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 8:00 AM, David Pilato <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

So you run this from the same dir?
Within the same Maven project ?
I thought you were copying data from on point to another.

--
David ;-)

Le 25 mai 2015 à 06:12, Kartik Singhal <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Yeah same dir and same maven project.
My final goal is to copy data from one point to another only. But for that first this thing has to work.

thanks
regards,
Kartik