Quantcast

Question on pyes client drivers

es_learner
So, I'm working on a project that needs the HasParentQuery feature available in 0.19.10.

Question: Besides, pypi.python.org, where can I get a pyes client driver 0.19.10 or later?  pypi latest pyes version is 0.19.1

I guess the general question is 'Who releases these drivers?  elasticsearch.org?'

Thanks.

Re: Question on pyes client drivers

Dan Lecocq
The client's maintained here: https://github.com/aparo/pyes

The pypi version (0.19.1) is also the latest revision that they have tagged, so the only advantage you'd get is to 1) make your own changes and 2) anything in unstable

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:55:44 PM UTC-8, es_learner wrote:
So, I'm working on a project that needs the HasParentQuery feature available
in 0.19.10.

Question: Besides, pypi.python.org, where can I get a pyes client driver
0.19.10 or later?  pypi latest pyes version is 0.19.1

I guess the general question is 'Who releases these drivers?
elasticsearch.org?'

Thanks.

Re: Question on pyes client drivers

Dan Lecocq
To be honest, I'm not terribly familiar with HasParentQuery, but I end up writing the request myself and using pyes' `search_raw` (http://packages.python.org/pyes/references/pyes.es.html#pyes.es.ES.search_raw), which takes a dictionary as described in the ES docs. If you go that route, then you'll be able to use any features your cluster supports without having to upgrade the client. For example: https://gist.github.com/4069009

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:59:02 PM UTC-8, es_learner wrote:
I see.  So there is no way I can get hold of a pyes driver for 0.19.*10*
since both sites have 0.19.1