REST plugin invocation on multi-node cluster

REST plugin invocation on multi-node cluster

Chetana
I have created a custom REST plugin by extending BaseRestHandler. Initially there was only one node cluster we used Java's HttpURLConnection for invoking plugin functionality. Now we have 2-node cluster and plugin is installed on both the nodes. Also, the cluster is formed and nodes are discovered after changing elasticsearch.yml file .

But  for load balancing of custom plugin invocation is there any built-in plugin or elastic search feature available and it should also switch node when one node goes down

Thanks,
Chetana

---

Re: REST plugin invocation on multi-node cluster

Ivan Brusic
Chetana,

Sadly, the Elasticsearch google groups is not used anymore. Elastic switched over to the much inferior Discuss platform: discuss.elastic.co
Try asking your question over there.

AFAIK, there is no node discoverability feature, but as a user of the Java binary API, I could be wrong. I believe most HTTP/REST clients provide an entire list of nodes to the client application, and the HTTP libraries will simply round robin between them. You can always use the cluster state API to retrieve the list of nodes. Many APIs return the relevant info: