Release with Lucene 4.1.x ?

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

is there any estimate about when we can expect ES release with Lucene 4.1? Is it in terms of 3-4 weeks or more?

Regards,
Lukas

Re: Release with Lucene 4.1.x ?

Jilles van Gurp
I think Simon Willnauer already landed 4.1 on trunk last week. 4.0 was on there for some time already as well and I have run with that on a couple of occasions without issues.

This is supposed to be released as part of 0.21.0. According to the issue tracker only two issues remain for 0.21.0-beta1. So, I'm guessing a release might happen pretty soon.

Meanwhile, you could try running trunk for a while. I've done this in the past and it generally works alright. At least for development purposes this should be fine.

Jilles

On Friday, January 25, 2013 10:48:07 AM UTC+1, Lukáš Vlček wrote:
Hi,

is there any estimate about when we can expect ES release with Lucene 4.1? Is it in terms of 3-4 weeks or more?

Regards,
Lukas

Re: Release with Lucene 4.1.x ?

joergprante@gmail.com
I hope for some beta (introducing the new features) and candidate
releases... can't wait!

Re: Release with Lucene 4.1.x ?

Ivan Brusic
There has been a flurry of commits in the past week, including many non-trivial issues such as the refactoring of the field data.
Based on previous releases, it might take some time for a release to stabilize internally. There are hints of a facet refactoring, which I would be happy to see.

--
Ivan

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Jörg Prante <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hope for some beta (introducing the new features) and candidate releases... can't wait!

Re: Release with Lucene 4.1.x ?

Lukáš Vlček
Thanks Shay.

BTW any plans about different similarity models?

Regards,
Lukas